Sunday 23 June 2013

Wellington Airport

Cannot believe my nine days are over and just five weeks, or is it four, before my new life begins in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Spent the morning on Courtenay Place, eating a nice bespoke omelette and chatting with a Melbourne girl. Visited Westpac bank and found I need to make arrangements through Cwth, which, of couse, told me in Hobart I needed to organise it through Wellington. It's probably with both of them when push comes to shove.
A short text from Maria confirming she will email me details later. All on track there. Arrived two hours early, not necessary for Wellington airport, but time to check out the locals and have a final excellent coffee. Two locals in photo. Most Kiwis are travellers, a bit like Aussies I suppose. Also discovered the Kiwis are much more stringent about cabin luggage, seven kilos max, so my trusted trolley is now consigned to the hold. Good to note for future trips.
It has been a thoroughly successful time here and I am well prepared to do the necessary, whatever it entails, to leave Hobart, and Tassie, behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment