Monday 2 September 2013

Coffee at Kirkcaldies and Staines

After a very interesting day yesterday, when everything seemed to go wrong, today is a sunny Spring morning and people are out to show they know it's the end of a long and somewhat violent winter.
I haven't spoken since my Interfaith meeting which was exceptionally interesting and it ended with an election of the new Committee, of which, I am now one! mission accomplished, so far. lots of committed people attended and it will be something to attend to and see what happens. Viva came and supported me and nominated me for the post. All good.
Then on Sunday a lovely farewell lunch at the excellent Caffe L'Affare, off Tory. What a buzz and what great food. the four of us had a great degustation, that is Pam, her best friend Ellyn and Aime and me.

But on to the disaster of Sunday afternoon. The Scooter, new and invincible, broke down, twice.    Couldn't open the gas tank, the ignition didn't work, it was a total disaster. I couldn't believe it so I just  HUed and all turned out OK. A few lessons learned when I had to abandon the scooter at Lyall Bay overnight. Jamie, who sold me same scooter, kindly, (at a fee), said he'd pick it up and fix the ignition, after all, it was still in warranty. but while this was going on, my glasses finally broke into  pieces, the zipper on my jacket disintegrated, and I just thought it was time to surrender. which I did and all was, at the end, perfect. today I am off to get new glasses, pick up the four pictures I  extravagantly bought yesterday ( was that the reason I wonder?) LoL!

But lots to do to prepare for the arrival of the new flatmate next Friday, 13th, her special day. With Fir, Saturday is her day at the Synagogue, and it looks like I am about to embark on a real Interfaith experience with her arrival.  Am quietly excited about this and think she will b a great foil for Aime, who is desperately seeking Something, she knows not what!

So on to coffee and cake at the great established department store in Lambton Quay, Kirkcaldies. It is very 1900s!

No comments:

Post a Comment