Saturday 31 August 2013

Quilter's Mark Two



Again for brunch at my great cafe in Ghuznee, but there are SO many great cafes to choose from.
Today it's a ham and cheese croissant, not exactly Parisian style, but good and nourishing all the same. grab another recent New Yorker to browse and wait for long black coffee. Lots of parents with kids out this Saturday morning, and I see a redheaded tall youth with his Asian wife, petite and pretty, wheeling their little one in their pram. He sweeps up another toddler and walks well in advance of the the mother and babe. Do I perceive inherent white racism at work here, or am I being ageist? I think not, most white men seem to think Asian women belong to them, but here was a Gen Y case and it troubled me a little. I hope it was a rare example.

I have just spent a virtual three hundred dollars (window shopping!) on Art work for the new parlour cum French classroom. it has to be atmospheric if I am to succeed in having a French school at home. Francais a la Maison, I will call it. i will desperately need the extra dollars to survive in this delicious, but somewhat expensive city.
Pam this morning left forever, changing the Telecom into my name, but not without difficulties. She cannot keep her original email address which upset her no end. telecom is adamant however and she'll just have find a generic email address like everyone else.

I am now on way to the Police HQ for AGM of Interfaith, meeting up with fellow ECKist Viva, to put in an appearance for ECKANKAR, should be interesting, I'll keep you posted.

Btw, yesterday I received my first, and last, warning, at a cost of forty dollars, for incorrect parking my scooter. Always learn by experience I say, ouch!




No comments:

Post a Comment