Tuesday 10 June 2014

Lesley's Birthday

Another big day shaping up for A's last day, hopefully. The house will need to be cleared, both physically and metaphorically, before the next person arrives, perhaps that is why no-one yet has come forward. Her b.f. is bringing the van for the final move tonight. I plan to be 'at the movies'.

Today we had another party for Lesley, wirh his good friend K who is down from Auckland. A cake was brought by H and his partner P and it was all very merry at BP. It is great to be with Gemini friends as they are always such good company. Who knows, I may get a Gemini to share with, if not, to visit!

Am now at the Paramount for my penultimate queer fest movie, called 'Test', about, naturally, HIV testing in San Francisco at the arrival of AIDS in the eighties. Too close to home? I don't think so, as I am academic about all of this and lived through it to boot. We'll see how this one shapes up. H generously gave me his leftover tickets so I now have four freebies for tonight as well. K from TiWhanawhana has accepted my invitation to come with me for two more tonight, and both look interesting so I may even finish this festival on a high note.

H with partner P at B.P. 
Lesley with the lovely Kayleen
...they're worth two - both Geminis!

At the Paramount with the ubiquitous 'New Yorker'

..two of the better US offerings at the fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment