Monday 30 June 2014

Sushi in Wellington

Am in downtown Wellington early on Tuesday morning. Finally I get my repaired glasses back from an old Wellington optometrist in the Grand Arcade in Willis St. 
 It is indeed a 'grand ' arcade, with its age proudly manifest in the now defunct art Deco light fittings in the ceiling. And the service is age old, albeit augmented by the vibrant buzz of the wealthy franchise St Pierre's Sushi Bar (owned by an Italian family I hear later from T who knows all these things) which are everywhere in NZ. They even give a card for a free pack when you buy nine! Today it is a free Miso soup with a pack which I can't resist as I love Miso soup and must start to make some again.

But life has been going on, and how! Yesterday and today have been go go go, with the housemate situation still not resolved because of personal issues with young B. He will now get back tonight with a final response I hope. In the meantime another applicant has emerged whom I had given up on, H who met me yesterday at Ombra for a cup of tea and talks my head off. She is v. high powered and seems to know what she wants but not really able to effect it without much prevarication. Interestingly she is Maori which gives her a head start for her application, but is not sure of where she wants to live, also has chosen badly earlier housemates. She may come to visit today, or not, depends how busy she is multi-tasking! Frankly I am back with young B who has problems with money (a messy divorce it seems, at 29!) so I have reduced the rent to a more reasonable price so I can keep Tthe BnB up and running, which btw, I have two Dutch travellers using tonight for three nights!
So it really is taking off, and a lady from Massachusetts and her daughter coming for one night later in month.

So more shopping for a coffee table for their breakfasts, at the Sallies today, poor Bella is still in dock getting her bottom parts fixed up, as new!
Sushi galore!
..with a freebie
More for later...
Ceiling to look at...
Not too busy, but enough.

After meeting dear T for breakfast on his way home from a job in Johnsonville, I take him to the Sallies where with his help I buy a chair and coffee table just perfect for the two guests tonight. Also he generously offers to drive them home for me, so unbelieveably I have the room totallypreparedfor tonight's paying guests. Now just to wait for the tenant to emerge, as American P has also replied to my email saying 'what a bummer he missed out on room'. Well I reply immediately 'It's not done and dusted yet, and is he stil interested?'

It is really like being juggler, three balls at once, which one will come down in the right place. Who knows, Not I, said the fly!

So back to final preps for guests, a welcome letter with instructions is my top priority, a pro-forma which I can use each time new guests arrive. Also have to cancel unfortunately my Tiwhanawhana tonight as I must look after the guests! Such is life in a BnB!

No comments:

Post a Comment