Monday 26 September 2016

Memphis alone

It's another cold wet day in this non-spring in Wellington. You just gotta live with it as the summer is a long time a'coming in this town.
Even in Memphis  I am the only one in the cafĂ©. Paris makes my long versato, only three more coffees before I leave! It's getting serious.

Yesterday's attempt to find someone to help in the i-pad stakes was a real gamble as the SeniorNet Club was run by people like me, so it was essentially the blind leading the blind. I think I wasted my membership subscription, but they did try to help just couldn't. I need a young geek who is an Apple nerd to help me, but I will survive and do the best I can.

Serious barista Paris makes a mean coffee ....
Whereas the mad Putin is decimating Syria with his horrific warfare. Syria is now totally a ruined disaster zone and the world is accepting their refugees, but not enough of them. 
New Zealand certainly has androgynous models...
Look at this young man and his cat...the'new look'?
But it also has amazing achieving athletes like this Ultra-marathon runner....
Savoury profiteroles, what a good way to go, this will be my next challenge, but without the rare beef!
The recipe....
I am now at The Godfather, my Brazilian barber, for a final haircut before I hit the Aussie shores...

I have been going here since I arrived in Wellington and it certainly is a very 'cool' barber shop, and the two barbers certainly know their trade. The shop is superbly decorated with his eclectic style and he has a solid and faithful clientele which he needs as there is so much competition in Wellington in the hair-cutting world. You've got to be good, and you've got to have a gimmick, and this man has both.

Later today I am having a meeting for a coffee with Beth at my second favourite coffee place, the City Library. It is to say goodbye as although I see her rarely she has shown herself to be a good friend. Her lovely home in Wadestown is where I have spent not one, but two Christmases and also where she introduced me to the fabled Kiwi writer and philanthropist Jean Watson, who strangely died suddenly, the day after I met her on Boxing Day 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment