Sunday 11 September 2016

Monday, more packing...

Well, another big weekend is now over and I am counting down, only two weekends to go.
The  potluck lunch at Heta's yesterday was great with a dozen in total eating a wonderful kai and I was presented, touchingly, with a parting gift of a 'taonga' to wear on special occasions around my neck. I have always thought they were the quintessential Maori artefact, and now I have been presented with one, in a Maori ceremony by Kevin an elder friend of mine. It certainly was a fitting farewell from a group who have influenced me so much in my stay of three years on these windy islands.

Tiwhanawhana are my group of Maori and friends who encompass everyone's beliefs and sexualities, and they are a delight to be with, learning the Maori Waiata, poi, and the culture at the same time. It has been  real blessing for me here.
This poor state of the Mongrel Mobs on Meth.create a an image of NZ which is very coarse, but is there all the same.

And this one of rash overspending on God-knows-what seems to go on a lot...

I am going to see this great movie again it is such a great laugh and so important politically...

Gideon and the team in action this morning...

Outside the apartment with my whanauafter a lovely kai on Sunday - me in electric blue!

Inside their fabulous sunny flat..

Sophie Pascoe, dual gold medal winner for NZ.

At Thistle Hall Gallery for theopening of the Trans-gender Art Show where we sang two Waiata instead of our regular meetup at NZ PC

Portrait of the wonderful Wye,by the very talented Jack Trulove, a print-run of 200 of which I was lucky to buy the last one!
Paul and Heta, both Art collectorsin front of my purchase.
This was after a quiet day Memphis and I have now packed ten cartons, possibly with only three to go!
A movie at Cuba Lighthouse looked good, a John Le Carré thriller calle 'Our kind of traitor' it was OK but it lacked something,  and was really just a nice picturesque travelogue of Europe - three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment