Sunday 25 September 2016

The Last Supper

Last night at Tom's we had his long table  set for twelve but only eight turned up to a pot-luck dinner. It was the perfect number and we all enjoyed some lovely food, especially the profiteroles made by Brent who excelled himself. They were were my friends fom BP mainly, and it was also Tom's birthday, a good excuse as any to have a dinner party, and also to celebrate his newly painted dining room. We all ate well and were accompanied by Tom's great CDs of Janis Ian and Nina Simone amongst others.

Today I shook Koujiro's hand and said goodbye. His has been an inscrutable stay for six months as I never really had a conversation with him. Apart from struggling with English, his demeanour is so respectful towards me as his elder that there seems to be an insurmountable barrier between us, but he smiled yet again, and we parted good friends, or so I think. Another bridge crossed and left behind.

I am having a computer lesson with  'SeniorNet' today, another area which I have neglected but I am hoping they may answer a few questions about my recalcitant i-Pad. Then I am on to a great RV with Keri and Pakea her husband, newly transitioned from female to male. My life with the Trans population here has been both highly instructive and most enjoyable. Who know what I will learn today?

Anita smiles....

...Memphis my Café I will miss terribly.
More Memphis...
The US election circus continues with Schwartz for Clinton and Flowers for Trump being recruited to thwart the opposition progress....what next!
Jeremy Corbyn finally gets his wish to lead Labour in the UK, let's hope he gets up and does some good.
These innocent looking young men eating their way to health and support the law in NZ...

Tom's table for the Last Supper with Kjel and Lesley.
My gracious hosts Tom and Brent
With Lesley and Tom in front of the delicious croquembouche made by Brent - miam!

No comments:

Post a Comment