Friday 25 November 2016

Saturday Concert


It is a weekend of music culture, Central Coast style, with two choirs vying for my interest.
Malcolm has invited me to hear Bach's Magnificat at the Woy Woy Catholic Church where I will hear the Philharmonia with whom I sang many years ago. Some old friends to meet no doubt.

Well the concert went well and it was a full church with excellent soloists. I met PD who was an old friend of my mother's and who now lives in Umina so there is another coffee-mate for the future perhaps, or not.
The choir sang well, but I am not tempted to rejoin as the commitment is too great and I have other things I must do.
This is serious about the Barrier Reef.....
Ruby's is quiet on Saturdays
Sydney Dance Company always on the edge, now nude dancing at the NSW Art Gallery! Graeme Murphy would approve I'm sure.
The heritage of the Hordern Brothers...within my memory is their huge store in George Street.
More photos of the Trump Dynasty.....I watched a  film of his life on U tube and his ascent is terrifyingly true. He has unbelieveable confidence and ambition.
This man Evans is a Paleo freak and I wonder just how much he has got right... For him anyway? 

Settling in to Woy Woy is slow but sure and I am happy with my little cabin. Tomorrow we'll just see how much I can put in of my Wellington possessions or will I give it all away? Interesting culling decisions to be made.
Tomorrow is  my concert of Saint Saens in Narara Valley with the CC Chorale and my friend Andrew.
May also visit Thelma whose birthday it is, she is 95!

No comments:

Post a Comment