Wednesday 8 March 2017

Sydney overnight

It is Choir night tonight in Sydney and it's at Ascham School at Edgecliff so I have decided to stay overnight with bro at Malabar. He is also having a medical procedure tomorrow so it is time to catch up. We are having the first rehearsal of Rossini's 'Stabat Mater'.
Ascham is a chic girls protestant private school where the wealthy send their daughters and my memory of fifty years ago is that I lost my virginity with one of their girls on Terrigal Beach. We remained good friends and later I flatted with her in Paris for a shirt time. Such was my youthful life.
What Sydney does to make it famous, Opera on the Harbour 
This horrific story of kidnapping to Australia, then sexual abuse by Christian Brothers, is enough to make your blood curdle with its injustice.  How lucky was I not suffer this cruelty at the hands of 'The Brothers'.
The serious world of Test Cricket, with India getting its revenge in the second Test, but not without lots of recriminations and mud-slinging.

This morning I went to the Community Garden and did a bit of weeding and talking, it will eventually become a habit I hope, although I will miss next week as I am due to be in Wellington NZ for four days.
I am looking forward to seeing my friends at the Memphis and also marching in the Rainbow Parade with more friends. May as well be political over there as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment