Thursday 15 August 2013

Breakfast at scopa, again!

Decided to start furnishing the soon to be empty house on Evans Bay Parade. On the quaintly named Ghuznee St, opposite the Film Archives, I found four suitably used high backed cane chairs to surround a very plain white round table, easy to disguise. This will be the mainstay of the  redecoration as that is where the people of the house congregate. As well I arranged for a pickup of the computer chair and awful coffee table which I will soon replace. 

Also visited the Belgian Daniel, friend of Pam, who has the Antique/ junk shop next door. Quite an interesting visit as he's been here since nine years old, and is quite the kiwi. Found a Cunard Line print I will procure for the hallway once I start hanging pictures. 
Still waiting for the freight arrival...patience!!!
Today the sun is shining and it is indeed a taste of Spring weather. My home on the bay will be lovely in the warmer months.

The coffee and poached eggs arrive in good time and all is good. Later today I pick up the jeans purchase and  get ready for another rehearsal of the Glamaphones. The other flatmate is today bussing to the north to save her daughter from the abuse of her bikie gang husband. Another sad and probably hopeless kiwi story of drugs and dysfunction. It certainly is all going on here, and not far from my doorstep, but not in my house thank God!

Am planning to go to a local theatre Saturday night at the Gryphon, an amateur production which will be funny if nothing else. There is no need to be idle in Wellington, just too much to do, and good interesting stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment