Saturday 3 August 2013

First Concert

My firstSaturday in Wellington and I am invited, via the Glamaphones, to sing for the 'Oldies' at Sprott House Karora. It's for a one thirty start so after small chat to catch up with Pam, who is on night shift, I leave early to go to the city library where I hope to download the songs to heir printer and have a semblance being at one with his choir, I have, after all, spent only two hours with. All goes well and I'll be back with my ID to join an excellent Library.

Arriving early at Sprott House, I relax with the young receptionist, and wait for the others to appear, which they do. Our conductor, Jean Malcolm, is a charismatic woman and I am sure is a friend of Cherel. The small concert goes down well of course, and I chat with one of the residents who was recently in Hobart. we agree that MONA is over- rated as an Art Gallery, but then, it is just one man's fetish, as I told her. i then take a short ride back down the winding hill looking at the cute and charming   suburbage that is Wellington City.

Now am in my favourite Cuba Street cafe, Midnight Espresso, and have a lemon honey ginger tea, with an egg and bacon bagel -
my main meal for the day. Later, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment