Monday 5 August 2013

No luggage!

It is now two weeks tomorrow since I thought I sent my luggage from Hobart Town, but after a phone call this morning to Marc, he still has it in his office, he's been too busy to send it! This, I'm afraid, is total Tassie, do it when you feel like, take no notice of the client who has already paid big money - she'll be right mate!
My dream from last night predicted this mess, I was in a foreign city and nothing was working, What a mess! with apologies to Bette Davis. So I made the call to confirm it, and now I MUST be patient, probably for more than another week without some (near) essential items. Ah well, so be it,  I should have watched what I said when I told myself I needed to pretend I was in the case of the bush- fire evacuees, who had to leave, and live, with nothing.

Mine is not that bad and I still have lots to do to prepare. today I made some i- net arrangements to have unlimited calls to OZ and NZ for only  $25 monthly, to be halved with Aime. I do need this phone contact with the mainland, also to get their numbers which are firmly locked in 'sent  baggage'!
Today to the ANZ bank to try and pick up my new debit card so at least I can access my fast diminishing funds. Yes, it is more expensive here, but things are excellent quality and I'll just have get used  to it, won't I?

After a Bagel and jam in Felix's (see pic)I am enrolling at the City Library, also in a Maori course to start my real NZ experience, learning their language!

No comments:

Post a Comment