Sunday 22 December 2013

Courtenay Grand


Today I came in to BP on a whim, and R invited L and me to lunch at the Grand Hotel, a cavernous building a few doors up from BP on Courtenay. With time for a haircut I duck up to Cuba St and sure enough Danny my English Hairdresser is waiting for me to give a short cut in more ways than one. Feeling new with very cropped hair,  I take off back to meet the two of them at the Grand. Shopping will come later.

The Bar dining area of the Grand Hotel in Courtenay Place.

It is time for giving they say, and although I am not a Christmas animal it is nice to give, and receive, a little at the end of the year. I have decided to take L to lunch at B's on Christmas day, after all, we are all orphans in a sense, esp. L whose family are a continent away. Think this is a good idea so have rung B to ask her on her answering service. Am sure it will be fine. Tomorrow L and I are going to see the 3D version of The Hobbit, some scenes were shot near Nelson where I was yesterday. Will be a buzz.

A phone call has just confirmed my thoughts about the generosity of the Kiwis and has cemented a good Christmas Day.  B. is a real Kiwi giver and was delighted to know I was bringing a friend, even more delighted when I told her who it was. It will be a lovely day I am sure, just the sort of Christmas I would have organised myself, only it's better, as I'm not doing all the work, lol!

Lunch at The Grand with R and L.

No comments:

Post a Comment