Sunday 23 March 2014

Home again

Well as you can see, Selina is wearing my prize from my weekend away, but I'm not sure if she likes it. It was just an idea anyway, and it is now safely in at BP office in a much less annoying position, and Selina is back to her normal self, looking after Bear.

And I am back to my normal routine having just completed my fourth Te Reo Maori class and I am more frustrated than ever. I will give you an example of what I have learned in twelve hours, and I am afraid it's not much. Although I can't make a value judgement on what I don't know anything about, it's certainly not the normal teaching method I have been used to. These three sentences, and the alphabet, is what we have learned, not forgetting two 'waiata' or songs, which are very beautiful but untranslatable.

What is your name?  .......... Ko wai to ingoa?............Ko Paul toku ingoa....My name is Paul
Where do you come from?....... No whea koe?....No te Whanganui atara ahau.....I'm from Wellington
How are you going?.......... Kei te pehea koe?..............Kei te pai ahau....I'm fine
See you later......................................Ka kite ano.
 Farewell, Goodbye. ......................... Haere ra, E nohu ra
Welcome!...........................................Haere mai



No comments:

Post a Comment