Friday 26 December 2014

Auckland Arrival - Alleluya!

Well I am certainly glad I wasn't exiting Auckland today. The pile-up of traffic in the opposite direction extended for about twenty kilometres from the city on their three lane freeway. It looked like a nightmare and hopefully next Tuesday it will be fine, the fever having diminished somewhat.
The Allelyua Cafe on K strip
Palms and all...

Stylish ladies as well!

I managed to exit the freeway at the right place. It was Wellesley Street, the only exit sign I recognised, and I managed to find a park in a back street above the cafe strip of Karangahape Street where this retro cafe called Alleluya, which I have frequented before, is always open for a good coffee. 

A short bus trip to the quay and then on to the ferry to Waiheke Island. It should be quite simple as things are quiet here, everyone was on the freeway on their way out of the city! Auckland is indeed a few degrees hotter and more humid, a bit like Sydney. Today is only about twenty six degrees centigrade with a cool Northerly breeze blowing, which is perfect. Ferry ticket purchased I now havethe  next chapter with Norma. 

Kiwi Rugby god Richie McCaw

...resplendent in larger than life posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment