Friday 29 May 2015

Saturday recovery

Have just had coffee with Tom and purchased a housewarming gift for Ron for tomorrow night. Practical as always, Tom bought at a 60% reduction at Briscoes a tasteful duvet cover. Then on to The Milk Crate for  a coffee and croissant, nicely served with butter and raspberry jam, an all-time favourite of mine. It is briskly cold and the people are all out in their winter Katmandu accessories. Wellingtonians certainly  know how to dress for the weather.

After sleeping last night only with the aid of four codeine pills and also finally a valium, it is no wonder I feel a little strange this morning, but Tom's early call got me out of bed and going. That is after an important although brief conversation with Y about my plans and what I will do now the goal posts have changed. He agreed with what I said, so I am feeling quite relaxed about it all, and the changes will present themselves little by little to arrive at the ultimate and desired conclusion, the best for everyone, and possibly not till the end of the year anyway. I will be patient and enjoy the journey.

My latest read, which may go on to P in Sydney.Oliver Sacks, now sadly suffering from terminal cancer, has all the same found his first big love, and at age seventy-seven, something encouraging for me at only seventy, or nearly...in three weeks. His big love in this photo was his BMW motorbike, and I must say it is one I had always wishe to have. But now, of course, I have Bella!

A 'New Yorker cover'..this lovely cover says it all about New Yorkers, they start young in their search for excellence, and many achieve it of course, but at what cost?

..are we ever!an interesting article in a cutting-edge magazine, but it told me nothing new, some how I have known for many years that the secret of my good healh is in eating natural, unprocessed foods, and probably no red meat.

At the Milk Crate..always interesting clientèle.
But I am thinking of Y all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment