Sunday 31 May 2015

Queen's Birthday Holiday

It's a strange place this New Zealand and it doubtless takes a foreigner to look in and discover the weirdness and brilliance that exists in these cloudy and windy islands.
On one hand you have dentists like Calvin, who wasn't able to extract my tooth, then found another filling and did two, for the outrageous sum of nearly $500 only to have one of the fillings, a half tooth, fall out two days later. I am now awaiting the chance to tell him this and ask how it happened. No doubt he will have a plausible excuse but I am not paying him another $250 to replace the one that disappeared.

So there, you have the incredible inflated costs and prices, and then the excellence of their food and beverages, their drug free lambs (I hope) and cattle, and a superbly healthy, fit society which beats most other countries ten times their size in most competitive sports. 

Today is cool, but nice, the streets are quiet and I have been able to park, free, right outside Memphis Belle in the centre of town. There is  no other city in the world of this ilk where you could do that I am absolutely sure. And get a superb coffee in your own persona mug! (See pic)

Kiwi youth, unassuming, handsome

Relaxing in the cool, in shorts!

Capt. McCullum takes the Queen's Honours

Next year the Edinburgh Tattoo for Wellie...

My friend Dame Margaret in news..
 Margaret has fittingly now an exhibition honouring her pioneering work in contraception in New Zealand, a place which desperately needed her in the fifties and sixties, and this amazing lady is still dancing, Scottish Country, that is!

My pussy cat mug...and I am now off to another iconic part of old Wellie, Aro Valley, to see and have lunch with Y, or N as I am now calling him. Am sure it will be an interesting encounter, with this most interesting and attractive man.

No comments:

Post a Comment