Thursday 28 May 2015

What a Friday!

Am in an old haunt above BP, The Library Bar, a cocktail bar full full of young things having smart drinks and lustful thoughts, although next to me has settled a couple about my age, a very nice smiling romantic couple in their sixties! Encouraging isn't it?
The dark bar scene...


Today had a lot to offer, starting with an unexpected coffee with Y and Tom, all three of us sharing a tiny table at the Memphis and it was not long before we were holding hands under that table. Of course Tom and Y got on well as they are also birds of a feather. It was a nice first public date and we went for a stroll later and ended up at BP where lunch had luckily been cancelled with Ron being on the move, and also on holidays. Talked with caretaker Paul, had a bit of drama with Lesley about undelivered internet ordered goods, but all  turned out OK.

So with some time on our hands Y invited me to lunch so we had something very nice at the Japanese Sushi Train on Courtenay Place.  Things were moving along so before my dentist appointment we caught a bus home to catch up there and pick up prescriptions for later. 

Y enjoyed my view and as we jumped in Bella to go back to town, me to the dentist he to the bank, he said 'Don't have extraction' before he left, and wonder of wonders, the dentist said two fillings might repair the problem, in the short term anyway. He was a nice Chinese man who had seen me before and also said that my skin was the result of too many Brazil Nuts, which I have been consuming like a madman. So there was was the solution I had been looking for, always dietary, and me trying too hard to be healthier. Y had indeed endorsed that too many nuts ain't good for you, three nuts a day is more than enough or the oil gets secreted in the skin and eruptions occur. No more nuts for a few days and I'll see how the skin improves.

Now for seeing what my future plans are as Y has indeed thrown a spanner, albeit, a good and tempting one, in the works. I will leave it to the powers that be, which is of course the ECK.
I came to New Zealand thinking this may be my last stop in the world travels I have been doing for so long now, but knowing all the time that I need to meet someone for that to happen. Now, having decided that time is over, I have made arrangements for my return to Gosford, my hometown, where I have so much to do.
 Or do I? 
I now ask myself this question: What is the most important thing in life? And the answer is so quick. Love is, of course, the indisputable answer. We are all searching for love and we need to love ourselves before it apppears in our lives. Perhaps I am now ready to accept it and although it may be still a little early, I have a strange feeling that my life has quickly, and irrevocably, changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment