Sunday 12 May 2013

A non event!

Well I eventually made the tennis Open, for what it was. I forget that I come from a country of tennis fanatics, the Italians are not like that, although it was interesting, their organisation, or lack of it!

Many, many chic dressed highheeled hostesses doping absolutely nothing, and the number of Andre Agassi lookalikes, all shaven headed and earrings all over the place. They really looked like mobsters.
Anyway the downside was that no-one of any quality was playing, they all had byes. 

It  really began the next day, today was just a dry-run. The players were good however so I can only imagine how good Nadal and Federer would have looked! At the next stadium a footy match was roaring. I discover Rome Lazio were playing and no tickets were available, even one's  life may have been in danger so I heard later. After much waiting at the bus stop, all full, a young man told me just get on the next one and see where it goes. The traffic was gigantic comingback from the footy. I got home tired but wiser, thirty Euros for two ordinary tennis matches is not what an Aussie expects from his 'Opens'.

Today is Vaticano Day, so I hope it goes better. but, really it is all the Roman experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment