Thursday 23 May 2013

Via Macerata- Pigneto

Last night I caught an excellent movie at the Aquila, the local cinema around the corner from my street, via Macerata. It was called 'La Citta Ideale', quite a recent release and was debuted at Cannes last year I believe. The young direttore was also the main actor, an architect who wanted to live as ecologically sensitive as possible, as a series of incidents lead him to be prosecuted for a hit-and-run he didn't do, indeed he was the only person to stop and try to save the body he saw on the side of the road. It was indeed a black, ironic comedy, and left the innocent 'hero' waiting for what perhaps could become an indictment, as his friends progressively left him.
The were only four others in the large cinema space, young Italians, enjoying it immensely.

Another nice coincidence in Via Macarata -it is the centre this weekend of the quarter's Arts Festival, including a tango fest happening just next door from where I am lodged, at the Tango Centre of Rome! Caffe Razmataz, where I had a delicious tea last night, is also a centre of some activities.
So I am in for a busy weekend, especially as my hosts have both gone till Monday, Fred to Puglia and Iolanda and Sophia to Wales.
I can do some home cooking finally, so off to the market!


My beautiful bedmate, Elektra.



View from the back window


Italian kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment