Wednesday 29 May 2013

Nearly home..at Changi

From Helsinki to Singapore, with an induced sleep (from half a Valium!) I don't actually feel too bad. The Finnair food was awful, but that was probably my fault for pretending to be a lactovegetarian. Result, a tasteless pasta in all shapes, it was just terrible. I wonder what Qantas will offer with the same order?

Having a few hours in Changi, unfortunate name for us Aussies, (remember the war atrocities?), but the airport has free wifi, like Helsinki, and is three times as large but just as efficient. These two airports would be my preferred stopovers I think. Here there is a quiet efficiency and lots to buy if so inclined. I've spent all my Euros and am now ready for final assault, ten hours to Melbourne arriving at 6.45 tomorrow morning. We'll see how I feel then.

But it has been a good trip, all that I could have wanted as I didn't have any real expectations, just catching up with people and seeing the sights. I can't believe I'll be in New Zealand in two weeks, but I am not thinking about it yet.

Am now moving down to Departure gate C18 to wait for the call and hear the Aussie accents in the Qantas plane. Always reassuring, lol!
It's been quite a trip....



No comments:

Post a Comment