Thursday 23 January 2014

A real summer's day.

Have been reading other people's blogs, and their reasons for writing them. It seems so many use them as part of their therapy, or instead of a therapist. Many are suffering from ego-denial which they can alleviate somewhat by writing of their deficiencies in a blog, and have many similar bloggers understand and sympathise with them. Others are there to sell their wares, just by being seen on the Internet. Some, of course, are pure exercises in style show-off, albeit rule-breaking  and quite enjoyable. 

So my reasons for writing lie down the middle. I have no-one I wish to convince to change, I am not a great stylist, but I suppose I am passionate about living in this great city way Down Under, and living it in the best way I can. However it's good to read other blogs just to learn what is good and bad about them. Plus it's fun to write, and that's about it, I suppose.

Today in town I went to pick up my poor abused scooter, having spent more than two months in the repair shop waiting for spare parts from Korea. I entered Ellmer's Mower shop on Cuba Street to look for it, expecting to see it gleaming and totally renewed and polished. I couldn't find it anywhere, nor could I find Jamie, my salesman. However Maria, the assistant,  knew what I came for and eventually  I saw my number plate right by the door, on a strange tired black looking scooter. I went closer and recognised my old pal, with a new front, this time in black. What a new look it is, but it's OK, probably even better, as before its shiny purple colour was indeed an attraction to any passing bike kleptomaniac. Now more plain, and more safe, I happily decide I am keeping my beloved scooter and will ride it in all the fine weather I can find, and that is today, and even possibly this whole weekend.

I pay half the bill and promise the other half tomorrow when I will remember to bring my credit card.
I motor out slowly getting used to her idiosyncrasies again, she is such a nice machine, and I am now going to buy a new pair of sunnies I saw yesterday at Kathmandu, to celebrate. A lovely Friday and finished with singing the HU at Kilbirnie. A very happy week's end.


Summer again, for a moment at least, this is Beautiful Wellington at its best. ..
Basking on Oriental parade beach...

No comments:

Post a Comment