Tuesday 21 January 2014

Back to 'normal'?

Where am ? At The Library of course, with a long awaited hot lemon and honey drink.
The morning was spent at the Wellington City Library which is somewhere I need to make a weekly, at least, visit. It is such a great venue to catch up on all international newspapers, as although they are online, there is nothing that replaces the paper I believe. A sign of my advanced age no doubt!

The Farrah Fawcett lookalike just served me and I am partaking of some nuts and my health drink. Drama last night as half a tooth chipped off and I realised that my planned dental appointment is now of the utmost urgency. I'll be searching for a reliable and reasonable dentist in Wellie to satisfy my ongoing needs in that department.

Popped in to BP who may help in the dental direction, and discovered good news there, a new arrival from London is keen to volunteer, has an assortment of skills and is very keen to be of service at BP. Also an escapee from the Big Smoke, he will welcome the calming, less than frenetic, atmosphere of Wellington, a city which he has known before apparently. He is a photography major, and has already scored a job at the City Gallery, the best photographic gallery in town.

Oops, my mobile rang and it is amazing news..my scooter has finally been repaired after three months in limbo. At a good cost no doubt, which I will discover tomorrow. Jamie, the scooter seller, I am hoping will resell it for me on commission, as I have decided to forego its debatable pleasures. More water under the bridge as it will be my last foray into the 'motor bike brigade', ever! Still it was nice to experience the joy of riding for the very short while I had it. Wellington is just TOO windy for a scooter in my opinion, especially for a venerable gent like myself!

Now, as it's Wednesday, I am scheduled for my regular night at Flash Dog Studios, to sing my lifesaving HU. On my way I discovered a new route, through the historic and quite beautiful Basin Reserve Oval so I too a couple of snaps. Wellington must be the only city in the world that allows free thoroughfare through such an important area, and it is used all the time! 

Having a cocktail at The Library
The original cricket stand at The Basin
Always pristine, always green...

No comments:

Post a Comment