Sunday 5 January 2014

Back to normal - or not?

Yes, as you'll see I am back at my cafe Midnight Espresso on Cuba, just having a lemon and honey drink before the first ballroom dance of the year. The weather has been vicious, so what's new? But still we live in hope and now the sun is shining for a few hours and I'm soon off to Sydney where there will be be just too much sun I'm afraid, but it will be a nice change. 

At present I am in a state of quiet excitement as my dream 'House-sit' has appeared on the net, and I have no experience or references for it. But you can dream...it is a large home on the Mediterranean Turkish coast, with eight dogs and ten cats to care for. Am afraid they will need someone more experienced than I am, but it's worth an application.  It is also for all of July and some of June, eight weeks in all. It would be a great escape from the Kiwi winter. I'll just have look to see what happens. Perhaps I need one closer to home to practise, and there is one in Martinborough, a few hours north of Wellington, for about the same time, with far fewer pets to look after. I'll try for that too.
Midnight Espresso, still there...

Miracle! it is fine and sunny, with more sun predicted, but don't hold your breath. I am out shopping and taking a coffee at L'Affare, such a long time since I've been here, and it's buzzy with people still on holidays and those who have returned. A bit of shopping at Moore Wilsons for some Amaranth, a health grain said to be used by the Aztecs, so I'll give that a try, with one of my New Year vows being trying new things. 
Caffe L'Affare, busy...

After visiting BP and seeing some more compromising photos of me at V.H., I decide to not worry and catch a movie at the Paramount. It is a Chilean prize winner called 'Gloria', and it looks good. As one  of five in the cavernous theatre, it is like a pivate screening. The principal, Gloria, and she is in every scene, is fabulous, and it's her story of a mature woman finding love, losing it, and then not needing it, all finishing with a rousing rendition of the seventies disco song, Gloria - of course, her theme song. 
It is a salutary reminder if you don't eventually grow up, you'll just end up with a pop song to sing!
Perhaps I'd better look at those photos again, ...ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment