Monday 20 January 2014

Earthquake!

Well the earth moved again for me yesterday at four pm. Wellington was shaken at 6.3 on the Richter Scale and survived, yet again. It was five seconds of movement and no appreciable damage I believe. My second severe quake in six months and there was not a problem.

I went into Wellington this afternoon to shop for black pants for my dance comp in March. Found some overpriced ones on sale at Kathmandu which fitted well so took them. Kathmandu is such a sham pretending to be Green and ecologically sound, yet gets all its stuff made in China, and charges huge prices. I shouldn't shop there ideally.

Last night I impetuously caught a new release movie without studying its reviews first. Again a mistake, as for the second time (the first one was 'The Titanic') I walked out of a Leonardo DiCaprio movie. This time halfway through this over-the-top three hour monster I could stomach Martin Scorcese's excesses no longer. It wasn't even funny, so I heeded my better self and ducked out. I am sure there were many in the audience who would have liked also to have skipped from this thirty seat cinema, but it would have been very obvious. The film was 'Wolf of Wall Street', a spoof on the eighties Futures Exchange rorts perpetrated by some brokers in the biggest US banking corporations. Billions were lost in the run on the Stock Exchange and thousands of small people lost their homes and all their money. It was a totally disgusting time in the US and I really don't think it was worthy of a comedy. 

An interesting observation to be made about Leo's sexuality, about which there are many rumours floating in Hollywood, with his constant super-model dates and no relationships happening. As the 'Wolf', he indulged in many sex fantasies, being dominated was one them, and in one scene he is handcuffed by a call-girl, face-down on the bed, with a very large, red, lit, candle protruding from his buttocks, firmly inserted into his anus. The next trick of course is to have the molten wax drip on to his naked body. Leonardo seemed to enjoy this quite a bit, but then he is a good actor!

Black to a bleak, but honest Wellington...


The ominous weather on Oriental Parade...

Dark clouds overhead, our three days of summer gone...

Not too many cars to be seen...


No comments:

Post a Comment