Sunday 24 August 2014

Busy weekend...

WWaiting for my close-up Mr De Mille!
This has been a typical Wellington weekend and it's not over yet.

Friday night was my Satsang and I caught an excellent movie afterwards at my favourite Cuba Lighthouse cinema. Entitled 20,000 days, it was a doco about Nick Cave, virtually a day in the life of this Aussie songwriter/singer who now lives in Brighton, England. He is a pretty special person I must say. 
Saturday morning was shopping at the market then coffee with Tom who kindly gave me some lovely curtains for Sonny's room, long and luxurious, a bit dark, but it is a very bright room. On Saturday I spent an hour in the morning, a bit of a waste of time, with S from Welmac showing me he didn't really have the skills he thought he did with my Mac, so I lost some dollars there. Never again. 

Evening came and I went to see a documentary on historical NZ elections at the Film Archives which was illuminating to say the least. This is a small country with associated issues of un-addressed colonial problems, i.e. the race divide is so obvious when it comes to politics - the Maori are just not represented and have very little say although their population is growing faster than ever.

Home via the Rugby pub on Kent Terrace to see the All Blacks vanquish the Wallabies, a travesty of competitive Rugby, NZ being so superior. This is the nature of this amazing country of Amazons.

Sunday morning was a photo-shoot by Matt who is publishing 100 shots, day by day, of diverse people living in NZ. He chose me to be one of them, I chose to be on my bed with Serena. 
Later after a nice coffee on the Chaffey Quay I had a class of ECK at Flashdog studios and after that a visit to see a friend in Mt  Vic re housemate advice. No joy there. Back home for a brief nap, then off to my regular Sundy night ballroom dancing...just a normal Wellington weekend, full and enjoyable.

Photographer setting up in my bedroom

..posed me sitting with Serena, on my request.

Later a coffee and cake on the Quay...

..some were even eating ice-creams

No comments:

Post a Comment