Sunday 10 August 2014

Bye bye to Te Reo

The weather's bad, the days are long and I'm quitting Te Reo. Have just dropped into city to get glasses fixed, again!!! And having a cofffee at Lava. Today is D Day for Te Reo, I am going in to my class and personally giving my resignation at three o'clock...reasons, I have to start teaching French to bolster my pension and will have no more time to go to class...perhaps next year I'll say, but it is over. I have learned my bit of Maori and the rest can come gradually, if ever. Of course my attendance at TiWhanawhana stays and that will teach me more anyway. They won't miss me in the least, I just must move on.


In Cafe Lava feeling better with a long black and hot milk...! Gottit!

Have done it and have more energy to swim at DSW tonight...after many weeks absence I will take it easy!

Cafe in the Library....
It's always a good place to have a rest and catch up on international newspapers and today I chose the London Times which was pretty up to date. I realised I miss nothing not having regular newpapers and no TV, as anything important comes onthe radio which I  listen to daily. Today we had a lovely sunny day, it does change daily the weather in Wellington, if not two or three times a day, so I had better not expect a dry ride home which should be in a few minutes. A reply from Beth in Oxford confirmed my suspicions that her holiday for three months had been to long, three weeks is enough for me any time. I am now seriously considering my options in Wellington, and will enjoy the next few years with a goal in mind, and small preparations being made for that eventual move, wherever it may be, Vancouver, or Newcastle, who knows? A nice chat with old school buddy JD yesterday showed me how happy he is in Thirroul, just south of Sydney, but my choice would be more like Lake Macquarie, just north of Sydney. Wherever I go it will be a great move as I am learning a lot here in Kiwi-land and my next move may be a last one?

No comments:

Post a Comment