Tuesday 5 August 2014

Oh Perfect Day...

Yesterday was an example of how perfect the weather can be in this seaside windwept city, amazing!
I texted friend Tom who said come for a coffee near work, which was at the Clyde Wharf apartment block. Similar to Sydney's Finger wharf, and costing the same amount for a unit, I was interested to see how they shaped up. So after a coffee at the Cafe Chalk opposite this latest offering to Mammon, we entered the plush leather and gilt foyer to take a lift to the second floor. In entering I saw New Zealand class at its very best. This was indeed a modest one bedroom flat, but what luxury! Traversing the entire block from East to West it had unbeatable views form both sides and an interior to match the QE Two. With an enormous living area with carpet you sank into, fittings from top designers, a kitchen to die for and an enormous kingsize bed with thousand thread cotton sheets still unmade from the hasty exit of its occupant that morning. Tom was just finishing hanging the tasteful grey/green drapes which, when open, gave unimpeded views of the wharf and Te Papa museum. Truely a place to die for, I wonder if he's married, this owner? haha!. The quality and size of this apartment made Fingerwharf in Sydney look puny in comparison. This was really the goods. But for this you need real money.

The Clyde Wharf million dollar apartment block

Cafe Chalk opposite

Looking at Te Papa


and at the yachties.....

Now for the Wellington IFF

Embassy Foyer Sponsor

View to Courtenay Place

Film addict neighbour...
In the Embassy foyer waiting for my first Film Festival movie,  'The Lady from Shanghai' with Rita Hayworth at her most glamorous and Orson Welles at his best. Should be a good opener to a near missed fest. I have time to see perhaps six movies before it finishes, four of them docos, so I am looking forward to that. Next year I will make sure I am here for the duration of this great film festival as it is doubtless one of the best festivals in the film world.

This morning I had a house meeting to explain that the three hundred dollar electricity bill was more than I wanted and that we had to be more careful. I will pay it but next time they will contribute if it is the same amount. Such is youth in Kiwi winter, always wanting to be kept toasty!

Anyway, I am getting back to my routine. Last night the Tiwhanawhana rehearsal was in Te Papa as they are singing there this weekend, sans moi. I am in the Marae. My life is busy to the extreme as I slip into my very stimulating life that is Wellington. To-morrow back to WOSOSI choir, great, but perhaps a visit to Chinese Gin Joe before that as my back is hurting again. Such is ageing with activity, and my weekend looks to be chock-full!

No comments:

Post a Comment