Wednesday 13 August 2014

Caffe L'Affare

A cold day in Wellington and I arrange to meet Tom for a coffee on Tory at Caffe L'Affare.
I sit and am immediatley approached by two waitresses, very keen to have my order and even a chat. Perhaps  it's the weather!
 Otherwise, with my ad for housemate on the net I have had a reply from a Japanese girl Naoko, who may be interested. I have finally learned how to be when looking for a new housemate, expect nothing!
As well I have nominated myself as Team Leader in Neighbourly , a new internet neighbours website for looking after each other It's a good idea and I may even find some French students out of it. Who knows?
Just saw that my old uni mate Jill Wran's daughter is  up on murder charges in Sydney. With a good barrister no doubt she'll get off, it's amazing what a good dollar sign will give you as justice, one for the rich and one for the poor.
A music buzz in L'Affare, no wonder they have sponsored my neighbour Matt the double bassist, on their website. The food here looks quite good, but is expensive, nothing less than twenty dollars for something like a hamburger. I may try a plate that sounds interesting called 'sardines in a tin', no doubt, tinned sardines, ha ha ha.


De boyz at de lunch....
Lunch with Tom went well as always, all good there, so decided I could just scrape in a movie at the Lighthouse Cuba St to see a Maori winner called  'Dark Horse', about a former Maori chess champion, called Genesis,  who recently passed on but left a great legacy to young Maori aspiring chess players. 

Filmed in his native Gisbourne it brought all the Maori characteristics alive, and frighteningly well. Reminding me quite a bit of the famed 'Once Were Warriors' although not as gut-wrenching. The Maori culture is well represented on the NZ screen and this movie is certainly an example of its undoubted quality. An excellent and educative movie with great direction and fantastic performances especially by the young Maori boys. A real five star movie, for everyone to see.

Naoko just arrived and it was a mutual liking of her and she with us. However she needs a place now so not sure what happens there. A decision must be made on Saturday and I would keep it for her on bond payment. We'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment