Monday 2 February 2015

Aussie PM's fatal gaffe



My Tuesday at the Gotham, poor coffee today. Tony Abbott in Australia ridiculed by the press and his peers at his latest Royalty gaffe, making Prince Philip a Knight of the Realm. A commoner making a Prince a Knight, sounds silly, and it is. Hopefully it will seal Abbott's fate and when I am returned to Australia I will not have to endure his ministry for too long. He will be outed along with his Party I am sure.
Another reason to return, to help Labor get him out of office.

Gotham at work...
In a continuing summer...

Tonight I am going to the Circa Theatre to see essentially a one man show, cabaret style, called 'The Demolition of the Century'. Just read the review of the first night and there was not a great deal said, but a tear and a laugh. So I'll just wait and see how it turns out. 

My cooling with BP is certainly lasting as well, no apologies have been forthcoming and my silence will say it all. Like John Howard with the Aborigines, R. just can't say 'sorry' for a mistake which for he was totally and solely responsible. It is another bell signalling my sense in exiting this wonderful if sometimes deluded country.

Last night at Te Papa was one of the reasons I will miss this country. We had a combined rehearsal with Glamaphones Choir to sing Te Hokinga Mai at the Day Out on February 14, and it went extremely well with a Maori elder coaching us in movements and voice productuon. It was good to hug a few of my former choral friends and it it all seemed like I had never left the choir. 

Home to a busy household where Sonny had got lost catching the bus home...hard to believe but he couldn't find the way home from the top street. Perhaps a brief lapse of sense of direction which I suffer from too often!

My participation with the two choirs will be a nice and timely occasion to appear on stage with my fellow Maori friends to sing this lovely Waita, now I must practise it to remember the words!

The Aussie Open...a great match missed by Andy Murray, wonn by a beaming Djokovic.

No comments:

Post a Comment