Tuesday 3 February 2015

Dumdum me!

I'm back at Gotham City to see if my lost Katmandu jacket has been found, wherever I left it the other day, or whenever. 
I am a total klutz when it comes to remembering to take with me what I brought. So this morning, no black jacket. On retracing my steps I look first at the latest cafe, but no luck, nothing found. The Kiwis are an honest lot but a nice black jacket with nothing in the pockets  could be considered a gift to someone who was cold and wet. If it is gone then my fault, I can only blame myself.  
But two more places to check before I give up.

Today Serena is celebrated as the Queen of Sport, but as a black woman, still not at the top in the US of A. Racism still reigns supreme.
 

More about Russian Putin's criminality in murdering MI 6 spy Litvinenko. Also coming to the fore is evidence that Putin may be a paedophile... makes sense to me, there is something decidedly weird about that man.

 

Also a story about horrific and covered-up murder of 48 Japanese POWS during the war. The kiwis have never liked the Japs it seems.

Last but not least, an article showing that NZ is not getting the latest drugs for Cancer, forty year old drug regimes are being offered. Well that says it all about the system that my Doctor Deb in Gosford told me about seven years ago, it has not improved much since then. My move gets more and more sensible.
Later today to see Tom to discuss the fallout from my BP differences. He is the wise man in this.


At Circa Theatre last night, wow, a great example of Kiwi talent on the boards. Local stories, great music, and typically dark in nature. Not an uplifting night but the audience loved it. It was certainly for Kiwi audiences although I see author Starkies does UK gigs too. They are both highly talented (the singer/musician was incredibly handsome in a fifties matinee idol way) and it was quite a slick production, not to everyone's taste however. I'm glad I went all the same.

PS Just heard from my dancin' mates that black jacket is in Thistle hall - my third and last option - thanks Mari and Deborah!

No comments:

Post a Comment