Monday 9 February 2015

Memphis in the Sun

Well the weather has stayed with us, remarkably, and I am celebrating another day at the Memphis Belle. News is awful from Oz that Abbott survived the leadership spill, for a while anyway. It is getting well covered over here, I think the Kiwis just like to laugh at the shennanagins of Oz politics.

The Russiam billionnaire yacht called 'Serene' is in dock on the Quay - an enormous black monster which is obscene when you think about it. It is rentable at a paltry 1.6 million euros a week if you are interested.

Back to Vodafone today to increase our I-net coverage to unlimited, these boys use a lot of cyber space with their games and movies, the bill was double this month. Better safe next month or it could be even bigger.

Tonight at Cafe Meow we have the inaugural Honours awards for the LGBTI community, I will be going to witness what may be interesting indeed. I feel it will be a part of Wellington Gay History, as it is in the middle of the Gay Week in Wellington, which culminates on Saturday with Out in the Park when I am singing for the first time with Tiwhanawhana.

 Also today my first visit, or really second, to BP to see Ron about the letter I sent this morning, then on to see Bho at BMW for a service appt for Bella. Always busy, but that's the way I like it I suppose.

Last night a nice long talk with good Melbourne friend Maisie about her ECK activities. She met Iranian friend Mehdi who was happy to see her and all went well there with the delivery of my little gift. I am so lucky to have Maisie as my sounding board as she is the only person who understands what I am doing here in New Zealand, and also my moving back to Oz. If it's OK with her, then I am doing the right thing.

At the Belle

Avoiding the cakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment