Wednesday 16 December 2015

All done, what next?

Another cloudy day but no clouds on the horizon for me with Laurent Jean Pellissier having softly moved in last night. He made an immediate decision and when we met at Memphis it was an immediate connection. He is young, 29 in February, enthusiastic and obviously comes from an excellent French family who escaped from Morocco after the war of independence and now are successful organic farmers in Nîmes, having the biggest lettuce and tomato production in the country he said. Et alors! And he loves his small room and he has an excellent Toyota campervan as well. In all, a replete man and very mature in his twenties. He has a girlfriend living in China and is a top IT programmer it sees. He said he will help me with me computer problems if I have any. 
What's not to like?
Lydia on way to be Sportsperson of the Year

Sydney under storm....

Dixon Street cloudy...

But not for AJ and Eddie...

I left the house this morning with N and A still asleep in bed and the new boy not even having met them.  I will leave them all together to get to know one another and I feel that the French connection should work well. It has immediately changed the dynamics of the household, for better I am quite sure, and I look forward to seeing how Christmas now eventuates and we may even have a lunch at home. Although I have promised Tom to go to his place in the evening, I have no intention of eating all day. Perhaps, I'll have lunch with Niki and her friends and call in to Tom's for dessert later, but he may not appreciate that.

 Truth is, I am not a Christmas person and it will take a while to change that while I am still a single person. I am still getting over years of cooking and putting up with others having too much to eat and drink and then sleeping all the hot summer afternoon. Really I just need to leave the country for Bali or somewhere that Christmas is not celebrated, or bastardised in my opinion. Although I have always enjoyed Christmas in snowy London funnily.
Or am I just a grinch, as Dom Post columnist Rosmary McLeod claims she may be? I hope not.

This obsession by the Japaneseabout toilets is only right as we still haven't got it right in the West. Toilet bowls should be lower, with water easily available  for washing instead of wiping, thus saving paper and trees, and which also is much more hygienic.
The european bidet is excellent but is another piece of furniture which needs more space which may not be there. We don't need heated seats like the Amaricans insist we do, just the correct squatting height which experts know is of primary importance, and perhaps warm water for douching. 
Simple, ay?
Readng lesson at Library Café......
Wellington at its smallest..Tom joined me for a coffee at Memphis, yand just before Niki had spied me and popped it to say hullo. She was on her way for an interview for another teaching job a so had a painting under each arm. She is intrepid to say the least.
Later in exiting the Memphis I bumped into my new housemate Jean, and had a chat with him on his way to the French Embassy for some expensive and complicated piece of paper work, but it didn't seem to phase him at all.

I also wanted to visit the Sallies today as I hadn't been there for a while, and on my way to say Happy Christmas to Angela, my pharmacist at Alexanders. She is always a delight. At the Sallies I chatted with my good friend and server and also managed to see Kayla from the NZPC,who is a regular there. Also had a chat with Nobu and then on my way out Lee who had made an errand and wasn't at the NZAF when I had popped in to say Hi. So there is  Wellington, always someone you know somewhere, today I bumped into seven people I knew! 

Then on to the City Council to check out the availability of rooms for our Interfaith monthly meetings. A nice Maori man showed me the possible room and itlooked excellent and he then gave me a card to ring to make the booking. He also said the Library had a room downstairs that was always popular so I must compare it with this one, but I have the feeling the first one will be much better. At least I now have something concrete to present at the next meeting which I can't attend being in Auckland.

At the Library I called in for a decaf and another muffin, spoiling myself today as I may even go for a swim tonight, Thursday being my regular DSW night, I am missing the exercise.
The café in the library is always interesting, and today is no exception. The young mother opposite was giving her two year old a reading lesson from a book called 'The Haunted Farm'. They start young with ghosts here and then progress to monsters...!

No comments:

Post a Comment