Saturday 19 December 2015

Sunny Sunday

Café Chalk on Sunday is a nice experience, even the coffee ain't bad. The wind is chily and the sun warm but you always need a jacket in Wellie. People are out however in sunny gear, but they are tougher than I am. Wellingtonians just love it when the sun appears and they take off their clothes to get a full dose of vitamin D. Not so me I'm afraid, who avoids the sun's ray like the plague having grown up in hundred degree temperatures in Oz getting horribly burnt in the process. I hope to have avoided melanoma and skin cancer as a result.
The priests or rabbis having coffeeat Chalk...

...and ice cream too.
Putin is not all that honest I'm afraid...

Ngahuia Piripa with daughter Owaireaa real Maori actress who is fluent in Te Reo and practises her Kapa Haka regularly 

Sunshine and strollers on the quay..

Hamish's Seatat Mt Vic. was the venue for some evening fish 'n chips with the DSW swimmers. Although I arrived late, after a swim, they were all there chatting and a having fun. I was glad I went as it was the last catch-up of the year and also a nice discovery to see the sun set over Mt Cook. 

Wellington is a beautiful city even on a cloudy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment