Sunday 13 March 2016

Coffee with Jeremy and Tom


Today I had the pleasure of seeing the return of Gloria from her month away in Ballarat and Bendigo for her 75th birthday, but also Tom, and then Jeremy who came to Memphis for his first ever visit.
Jeremy lives at Tawa en famille, and comes in regularly by train. He has accepted to be nominated as my replacement for the BP Board and we talked about what is necessary to do the job. He is young, but will grow into the position I am sure, and Wellington needs a rep like him.

I mssed the performance of the Dame which would have been am absolute delight!
And this amazing Wagnerian length and style movie which is on when I am at Pina Bausch Dance this Saturday which is a big pity.
Here is smiling Jeremy.
And here is the guilty funeral of the man Wellington never knew..given by the Catholic Church.
Here a Kiwi pedophile protected by his Teachers' Union, and a hundred year old man still sailing -
the anomaly of this crazy country.
And three dentists accepting funding by....Coca Cola, and thinking there is no conflict of interest!! OMG!

Here is what should happen if Porirua joins up with Wellington City Council, the only sensible and rational thing to do. The joining of two cities and improvement of both, but Wellington is jealous of its perceived superior status it seems. 
Am just home from Monday night at Tiwhanawhana which was again most enjoyable. Tonight I took the bus instead of lazily driving into the city. This wonderful weather makes me feel silly if I drive anywhere I can walk or bus, and the views of the Wellington people on the streets is a real  experience. They have originality and great style, as well as their obsession with mobile phones, ii makes it worth walking anywhere, that is if there is no wind which presently is the benign case. It is a marvellous summer we have had, the climate change has seemingly benefited Wellington since I have arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment