Tuesday 8 March 2016

Toastmasters

Today before I go to Toastmasters, a coffee at Memphis.
Headlines in Dom Post - Rugby great was given State funeral costing $180 K and was attended by much fewer than expected. One comes to expect this profligate spending in this tiny but rich country, rich in terms of white millionaires and white land-holders, but not in Indigenous wealth. 

Typical of crazy young Kiwis in search of a thrill in the country areas.

Great attactions like Jazz Supremo, Wynton Marsalis, coming to Wellington for the Festival.

Pity I can't see this doco tonight as I am with another bunch of Transgenders. Bad timing, again!

Nice and quiet at Memphis....

Tennis showing its true colurs, finally!

This is what the South Island has to offer...perhaps one day, I hope!

The lunchtime meeting of TM was as usual. Again I gave a short impromptu speech, not very good, I must, and will, improve. I posted to the Secretary an offer to do my Icebreaker Speech anytime soon.
So some prep to be done there.

Tonight I am cancelling my two regular gigs, HU song and SCD, to attend a one-off event for Social Justice for Trans and Intersex people. Tiwhanawhana is doing the Powhiri.

Wow! Is all I can say..the ILGA, international Lesbian and Gay Association presented a few amazing speakers and it looks like it will be a great conference over the next two days. Renato Sabbadini from Geneva was incredibly charismatic and made a spectacular speech. Bravo Renato!

Here Renato toasts Mari North and Mani ...at the launch of the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment