Tuesday 22 March 2016

Last Speech at Toast Masters

Today I have decided that my appearance at TM is my last. They are a great bunch of lovely Wellingtonians, and also good speakers, but in weighing it all up, it is not for me. I have volunteered to speak today as I was the stand-in, and have prepared a speech which I am happy to present where I will also give my farewells, saying that I am back to travelling and will not have the time for more attendances, which is basically true. We'll see how it goes.
 
Brown dog patiently waiting at Memphis for a good long black!
This is Mou Mou annoyed at her feline friends' unwarranted bad publicity

Joe Bennett telling as it is, re D. Trump.
Gideon back on track....
Says some disturbing things about families in N.Z.
Strange encounters....
Richie getting richer.....
Where I have to go one day, KaiKoura whale watching...
...and where I have just left.

My speech today went down well,  nearly as I had planned, although I knew I would go over-time. We had started late as well, but when you're on a roll, I knew they were listening to me, so I continued and just didn't see the red card held up by Jarek. So I lost points for time, but won them back in content and also said a gracious farewell. I'm sure I will bump into some of them again somewhere and I do like them a lot. Perhaps we were not just quite ready for each other, and now I can continue with MeetUp to establish my own spiritual meetings somewhere in Wellington. This is my next project.

I am leaving early tomorrow to Norsewood with Tom and Brent so am all cooked and packed. I may just have time to pick up a take-away coffee at Memphis before I arrive at Tom's at ten-fifteen, ready for a long drive and a very quiet four day Easter in the country. Tonight the HU and Scottish Dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment