Saturday 3 December 2016

Ken Loach - movie supremo

Yesterday's lunch at Helen's went down well finishing with a superb pavlova dessert which we all scoffed hungrily. H ain't a supreme chef but she feeds you well all the same and the company is always good. There was a couple newly moved to Ettalong in a magnificant town house which they want me to visit one day - probably I will do just that, one day.

Home to brother Mike's where we saw the crazy Kiwi vampire movie which I had wanted to see for a long time, a low budget movie called 'What they do in the dark' a vampire spoof with Jermaine Clements and Taika Waitiki starring in what was an enjoyable romp. Took me straight back to Wellington where I was quite nostalgic I must say.

Today is cooler and cloudy and I am in the city for a coffee at Bahista opposite the sculpture in Hyde Park. Later I will see 'I, Daniel Blake' by Ken Loach at the Verona before I return to my paradise at Woy Woy. Today I must connect my tellie to watch the occasional good movie and documentary.
My nice neighbour Damien is going to help me with the dubious connection.

My cabin is slowly taking shape and soon will be comfy and functional for the oncoming steamy hot summer they are all predicting. I am always happy to visit Sydney but even happier to leave it as it has become unwieldy and unforgiving. I am too old for that now and welcome the small village atmosphere of Woy Woy and Umina.
My beautiful Ocean Beach where I am beginning to get accustomed to the bliss of a regular evening swim in these divine waters. Evening seems best after the heat of the day has disappeared and there are fewer people and the atmoshere redolent of times gone by..

No comments:

Post a Comment