Thursday 12 May 2016

Fine Friday and The Great Maiden's Blush

Today was a welcome relief from the gales of yesterday as I venture out and into Memphis for my daily hit. I am still educating young K about his duties (and using the heater economically) at home but I should have realised there would be some growing pains. So later home to finish the final drafts of my speech for Sunday and then to abbreviate it into some notes. I hope it will be OK.
This play by a local Indian playwright deserves to be seen and I hope to get along to see it soon.
Wow, the oldest heavy metal group in OZ regrouping, but I was never a fan.
Handsome young Aussie singer called 'Flume' touring New Zealand, but not Wellington.
Now Welly has a sister in Canberra, I hope we enjoy each other! 
Local Green critic of TPPA says it as it is, but does anyone listen, or care?
Rueben in red being a customer for a change at Memphis...
A doco about Janis I'd like to see...
This locally made Kiwi masterpiece features all the parts of Wellington I know well, but the city is totally dominated by the powerful dramatic story of two single mothers. A brillant and exhausting emotional journey. Will be, has been, a great overseas success, but probably not here, too close to home! Weird ay? Kiwis love their stuff but often the result is just too dark for popular consumption. I felt drained and a tad depressed I must say, although it was brilliant. Now off to the regular HU song to get back into balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment