Saturday 14 May 2016

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

Three days of constant diarrhea has finally caught up with me. Weak and dehydrated I managed to make the lounge at Te Papa to see if I can finally keep down a lasagna. We'll see what happens. At present I am certainly not in a fit state to make a proper speech at the Candlelight memorial this afternoon. I wonder what will happen?
Others are enjoying the day....
..but not I who seem to be wearing a death-mask. I have just consumed six cachets of electrolyte which I bought at the Newtown pharmacy. The attendant a charming and caring English woman who assured me I need to reenergise which I now see was absolutely right. I feel drained and unable to do anything at all at the moment and am hoping strongly these cachets will restore me to a state where I can deliver the speech, if I only read it,  is enough for me at present.

Neighbours like long-lost lovers...

On to the Trampers Club in Mt Vic for the 2016 AIDS Candlelight Memorial. A good full house in the smaller premises gave more intimacy and it was a success, given a small budget and short time-frame to organise it. My speech was prepared, but in the end I gave an ex-tempore version which was shorter, and more to the point. 

Here are some pics...
With Kjel and Brenda from NZAF
..and below, outside the Taranua Tramping Club after the event

The lovely Twhanwhana gave some beautiful Waiata during the lighting of the candles, Lesley was a great help in the organisation of the whole afternoon.

The red candles lit to commemorate those who have passed on from the once-deadly virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment