Thursday 19 May 2016

Friday comes....

It is a very miserable day in Wellington today and partly fitting that it is today I feel reassured in my decision to make a break later this year. I love this place, it will be the hardest move I have ever made, although hopefully the easiest as I am going to prepare it impeccably. It may even be earlier than I had thought, depending on the fate of the house and MM of course. She must be well looked after.

At Memphis today it was another happening sort of day. I was hugged solidly by a strange woman in black who seemed to know me from somewhere. She was a Maori so you never know. Sitting smoking outside in the cold she had a series of tablemates, all smokers, and finally she gave a shiny present to Johnny, who was surprised and touched. It was a weekly pill case, Sunday to Satuday, with an Art Deco motif on the lid. It looked really nice and Johnny showed to me up close so I popped over to ask her where it came from. She said it was an old one and can't be bought, so I said OK but she really wanted me to have one and said she will organsie it. I certainly don't expect she will, but she was another special soul who comes to this favourite cafe on Dixon Street. I will really miss it so much, and its great coffee which I returned to this morning after a full week of abstinence.
This is the Liberal Party I want to see the demise of when I return to my country.
Where this poor man died unnoticed for weeks...very indictable I'm afraid.
Another plane down, in Egypt, what is happening...?
Buzzing Memphis.....
This is the future, who will win, and who will lose? Everyone.
Kakas need to be looked after....
...but this was predictable, reality TV at its worst.
Stephen Daisley, a Kiwi writer living in WA is a writer to watch and read.

His latest prize-winning novel.
Here she is, the lady who gives silver pill boxes....
..and on to the City Library to search for a Stephen Daisley book where I placed a reserve with two more people waiting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment