Tuesday 16 August 2016

Frank's funeral

Today is the day of a funeral, this time it was that of a good friend of my mother's, Frank Cardiff, who deserved a good send-off which he had. He was an inveterate internet user, and had discovered its use far earlier than anyone of his contemporaries. He was a published poet, had left two sons, who, with their partners were both at the funeral church, Kincumber South, a picturesque historical chapel overlooking the beautiful Broken Bay which was once the home of Mother Mary McKillop. It was a nostalgic visit for me as I had attended a Positive Men's retrat there about ten years ago.

was accompanied my good friend Luke, who, apart from having a car and driving me to the funeral, is always very good on such occasions.
This is Woy Woy station, it could be where I may eventually end up as it is such a convenient place to live, just an hour in the train to Sydney and beaches close by and a lovely new age café called The Gnostic.
Outside the Kincumber Church at Frank's funeral, with widow Thelma in a wheel-chair..
Steve and Paul, the two remaining sons of Frank and Thelma.
My friend Luke outside the churchafter the simple ceremony where several of Frank's poems were read from his published work.
Back to Peter's for a rest before I attend the local Scottish Country Dancing group tonght at seven.

Belw, Point Frederick Gosford from the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment