Friday 19 August 2016

Last day in Sydney

Well it has come to an end my ten very well- filled days of reconnassance and recollection. Bags packed and clothes washed in the ever sunny weather that Sydney is so proud of, I say see you later to my bro who busily preparing some pizza bases for the big Bledisloe Cup rugby match tonight, the Aussies against the All Blacks, a classic and hard fought battle which has see NZ win the last ten I think. The fight will take place as I am winging my way home on an Air New Zealand flight tonight.
The All Blacks, of course, are heavily tipped to win.
On screen the Aussie Boomers losing to Serbia in yet another dismal loss for Australia, this time in basketball.

My bro practising his ukewhich he does faithfully 

This artist writer is one to be readwith her extremely close relationship with the Aboriginal tribes in Cental Australia. On my list.

Another Aussie book to read about Byzantinehistory which is a point of ignorance and one to be remedied.

The PM trying to make amends for his inhumane treatment of asylum seekers!

The blame game begins.

On the Sydney buses...

...to search at the iconic Queen Victoria Galleries forthe Body Shop. Also for a good double shot coffee, and they do deliver.

My trip to Sydney Is always filled with the best parts of this great city , and indeed, it is a shopping paradise compared with Wellington. I well see why the Wellingtonians love travelling regularly to OZ to shop, preferably to Melbourne I believe.

As I have the rest of the day to fill I have made a date with good friend Patsy, a friend dating from days in Madrid forty years ago, when both she and I were resident and working there. She was the LA correspondant and lived a very interesting life, while I was the dissolute model! We became good friends and still are and she is still writing and living in Paddington. We plan to see the recent and very well reviewed Spanish movie called 'Truman' about a dying man and his beloved dog, I believe. Patsy is enamoured of animals so I hope it is as good as its critics say. After that, a train to the airport and I arrive in Wellie just after midnight.
I then have a very busy six weeks to plan for my October 1 departure.





No comments:

Post a Comment