Monday 15 August 2016

Rediscovering Gosford

Well it will be something of a culture shock, but having made my decision I will certainly make the best of it.
I wake up after a great invigorating sleep with Peter having already gone to work at about six am as he  always does. Last night I cooked a simple pasta meal which he enjoyed. He is not at all well and this Friday he has yet another appointment with his cardiologist in Sydney. I am extremely worried about him and I feel the sooner I return to live here the better. He certainly needs a change of diet, and also a lot of moral support, but really just some good company. His university work is getting him down and is taking a severe toll on his already fragile health. October 1st cannot come fast enough. And there are good things about this place which I will soon discover, with many good things to do, which is even more important.

Today I am to have lunch with old friends Andrew and Heather which will be a delight.
Peter has place the Gemini statue outside the dining room, it is a lovely nostalgic memory of when I lived in Gosford with my Gemini Mum where this piece was standing outside our front door. Mum and I were both Geminis, as is Peter, so it is fitting to have it here again.
Peter's simple and elegant living area.

I bravely try out the local cafĂ©, forebodingly called 'Ministry'. They are a young and friendly bunch but the  coffee is four dollars and just so-so. But what could I have expected having come from the coffee capital of the Southern Hemisphere, Wellington.  Nothing will ever be as good as Memphis 
The locals seem to their bacon and egg toasted rolls as they are munching hungrily away.

Ex Kiwi Sam Neill shoots off his mouth about his adopted city of Sydney but he enjoys the notoriety.

Usain the Immortal Bolt

...and the new body look for swimmers!!

Gosford when it beganinvaded by Whites 

We arrived in 1950 it was much like this!

...but not a rough as this!

The reasons Gosford is stale-mated

...it is afraid of the Yellow Invasionbut the Chinese have the money!
I have time to try another coffee at the Imperial Arcade which is s till the same, no change there!
After coffee I met with good friends Heather and Andrew at Watty's. A nice friendship renewed.
Gosford does have a few nice eateries thank goodness, and this is one of them. The rest of today I preapare a nice salmon meal for P his friend F who drove up fom Sydney to see us. F is a lovely guy and it was so good we had this nice meal together. A later night than normal with a bit more TV Olympics but still leaving enough time for a good sleep to prepare for the 11am funeral I am going to tomorrow at Kincumber. It is the farewell to a good friend of my mother's, Frank Cardiff.


No comments:

Post a Comment