Tuesday 27 May 2014

Car buying...

Today is the day I start my seeing some cars. First off the block is the Suzuki at Porirua, with the Russian Dmitri, to discover. Jamie, coming over to pick up my poor scooter, very kindly takes me to the railway station and we have a nice chat on the way. It appears he was a wild young lad as I had formerly guessed. He tells me he'll buy back the scooter - at his price of course, but I just want to forget it.

I arrive at Porirua Station and D, very friendly and smiling, is there, with a nice soft red coloured car in perfect condition. He wants $8.5K and it has only 35,000 kms on the clock. It would be a good buy at $ 8.4 which he offers me, but is it legal? Where are the papers? I'll do an internet check and see what's happening. He is certainly a young Russian entrepreneur, importing cars from Japan and reselling them at a profit. But still it smells a bit, but perhaps I am paranoid he has to make a dollar.

In the meantime Chinese entrepreneur Lucy Liu has come up with an invitation to see her 2001 silver Sports BMW Z3, tomorrow at 4 pm. And it is cheaper at $8.2K. I am a little excited about this, as it would no doubt be legal, but is it a good buy, considering the on-road and repair costs? It has done 113k kms, but that, for a BMW, is not a great deal. I must say, I am sorely tempted, although the Suzuki is really a perfect choice.I have to consider I am only a weekend driver, and this BMW may well be just what I need for a little boost in self-esteem, and comfort to boot. It is just a more expensive car to run, but hey, it's only money!
Can't wait to drive it tomorrow and a lot will depend on how I find the redoubtable Lucy. It will need a full AA check-up before I make  a decision.

Trying out the famous cafe at Wellington Railway Station...
It is very good coffee too.



Kiwi All Black falls down stairs to his death...

...the Dominion Post patronisingly teaches a Maori word each day. Today it is cake...keke!

No comments:

Post a Comment