Sunday 18 May 2014

The Candlelight AIDS Memorial at Te Papa

Perhaps some will say it was a great success, and some will say it was too long, but either way, it wasn't my fault, even if my speech was longer than scheduled. The un-scheduled speeches made by the  Maori  local chief who obviously wanted to establish his superiority lasted a lot longer and were in  the Maori tongue which very few understood anyway. We went half an hour over time because of that.
However you will see from these pics that the beautiful Marae was full and the people were happy although it certainly could have been better in my humble opinion. 
In reality I think I may have made my first and only appearance at Te Papa, but it was worth it as many people came up to me later to say how much they had enjoyed my speech, including my Boston house-mate Fir.

So I think I can conclude that it was  a success, but only time will tell in the long term.

The crowd gathers...

A few supporters...

Two congratulated me..

With the Honourable Lady Mayor...

The WOSOSI choir..

No comments:

Post a Comment