Monday 20 April 2015

Day at the Dentist

IHI am taking a quick coffee at Memohis to prepare for the dentist visit, to replace a filling which came out last week. But the major reason is to discuss the eventual removal of a troublesome molar which may have involved another root canal if I don't get it extracted. The last one resulted in a final extraction and I have not regretting losing this tooth so one more shouldn't be a problem. It is a return to my first dentist Syme Da Silva, who does charge like a wounded bull, but then, so do they all in Wellington. However he does know his job and I don't think the filling which is to be replaced was the one he gave me on my first visit, but we'll see.
Aussie Memorial mined in India!

Our embarrassing Prime Minister

The game I will see on Saturday.

The Dental Reception..like an up-market advertising company. My dentist, Ravi.Well, Ravi, the king of the silver tail dentists, did a quick repair job where I refused to be 'numbed up' as he calls it, for a filling which was tiny and nearly drill-fee. $250 later he says I will need another X ray  for the back tooth to see if it can be attended to without a root canal. I renege, and tell him I'll wait till it gives me trouble. He smiles, and says 'well don't wait too long'. Hahahah!


Missed my bus, again by a whisker, so decided to stroll home along the beautiful Oriental Parade, always a delight!

There is never any joy at seeing a dentist in Wellington. My good dentist friend in OZ, Rob Dalby, I always enjoyed seeing and he was very reasonable in charging me. I look forward to my return where I will again see him and get reliable advice.

A favourite dwelling on the Parade

Well, I even managed, after a stimulating class at Flashdog studios, to find time to catch another French movie at the Paramount. Called 'Get Well Soon', about an ageing misanthrope, I hoped I wouldn't identify too much with it.

Well, I certainly didn't identify with the main character, but this very B grade French comedy was only saved by the appearance of a louche grey cat at the end of the movie, who was such a great character the rest of this predictable and amateur effort faded into obscurity. Thank God for cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment