Friday 4 July 2014

Cuba Lighthouse cinema

You wouldn't belive it is Friday night again, and today after BP lunch and acupuncture with 
Comfy Cuba Lighthouse

practitioner Simon, who was very good btw, I accepted a kond invitation from T ro go to Greytown with him as he had to see a lady about a job. It is a one and a quarter hour drive to the beautiful Wairarapa region, quite near the vineyards and it went fast with nice conversation with T who is a fount of information about all things Kwi. He teaches me so much and know so many people in the Wellington region, even the people at my party last night.

The afternoon I spent looking throught excellent unprententious antique shops and chatting with the owners who were always so friendly. Home before six and then HU song at Kilbirnie where V and D asked me again to stay for a meal and I refused, yet again. Sometimes I wonder if they will ever ask me again, but I had eaten and also booked a seat at the Cuba Lighthouse so I suppose I had reasons for not accepting. I am seeing the new Irish film 'Calvary' which my Sydney bro had told me was supposed to be very good. I can now relate to him that I have aeen it. There is a good crowd here, as always on a cold Friday night. I even buy an icecream which was not a really good idea, but I still get carried away by the occasion.

Interested patrons upstairs...

A suberb movie totally betrayed by its publicity, 'Calvary' delivers in spades if only for its stellar cast giving impeccable performances. Wrongly labelled a black comedy, there are no laughs in this highly realistic and unfortunately accurate representation of the ruins of the Irish Catholic Church in this 21st Century. Great cinematography around Sligo and its magnificent mountain, it nevertheless leaves you aching for the sins of the Church. Five stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment