Tuesday 8 July 2014

Lunch with L

The tooth - half and hour and two hundred odd dollars later - these dentists are rich, I am trying to forget the financial pain and have a nice Sushi in this extra special Sushi Capital. Happily it's right next door to the capitalist dentist, so I am quickly forgetting teeth and going on to sing with my Tiwhanawhana group tonight. Having missed last week I am anxious to reacquaint myself with them all as I really like them, a really genuine bunch of great people.
 
It is freezing tonight and I am planning lunch with new housemate tomorrow at the Arabica Cafe, a new one for me in downtown Wellie close to where she works. I am hoping to make steps ahead in our  friendship and make sure she is happy with her decision to move in, with son William coming on weekends. It is actually a perfect match, or as perfect as one can get. Hopefully today she may have met Fir after work and they get on well together. Another essential component to make it work for all of us. Am still working on my impatience but feel I should congratulate myself so far in not rushing this arrangement, as speed is not of the essence, although I do need someone in before I leave in less than two weeks for Melbourne. I am quietly getting excited about the Melbourne trip as it will be a totally new experience coupled with catching up with very good old friends.
Inside TJ Sushi on Courtenay Place

Earlier today I popped in to secure my watercolour from David White, paid a deposit and will pick it up tomorrow. I am also very happy about that as I think I will enjoy it in my bedroom when it is rearranged with the new plan of living. Also picked up a cheapie from Abel Traders,  the Ten Commandments of the American Indians, a print with a large chief in feathers looking down wisely on the world and the laws writ large on the side. It is destined to be on the new boy's bedroom wall. I hope he likes it as much as I do. So more redecorating and with the new person moving in on July 19, the eve of my departure to OZ, I have a lot on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment